Although our commercial mixers are best known in industries that require high hygienic standards, they're also well-suited for the chemical industry. Our industrial chemical mixers employ high intensity mixing to disperse ceramics, deagglomerate powders into primary particles, and eliminate fisheyes for more uniform end products.
Applications for Admix chemical processing equipment
Admix has had success across numerous applications including the emulsion and dispersion of polymers, plastics, adhesives, resins, polyols, and other compounds.
Emulsions: The Rotostat, Rotosolver, Boston Shearmill, Fastfeed and DynaShear mixers produce emulsions with small, uniform droplet size. These emulsions lead to increased shelf-life, stability and quality without the use of a high-pressure homogenizer.
- Wax emulsions
- Paper sizing emulsions
- Coatings and paints
- Sealants (e.g., wood products)
- Polymer and polymerization precursors
- Anti-foam emulsions
- Monomer emulsions
- Incorporation of low-HLB surfactants into aqueous systems
Dispersions: The Rotostat, Rotosolver, Boston Shearmill, Fastfeed and DynaShear mixers and dispersers employ high shear and high intensity mixing to disperse ceramics, deagglomerate powders into primary particles, and eliminate fisheayes of hydrocolloids and thickeners. Our high shear equipment produces more uniform end products much more quickly and efficiently than conventional dispersers.
- Car polishes and polishing compounds
- Dispersion of powders
- Clay dispersions
- Disperse iron oxides for magnetic media
- Metal oxides
- Dispersions for capacitors
- Dispersions of ceramics
- Produce CMP (chemical mechanical polishing) compounds
- Dispersion of phosphors for CRTs
- Pulp and paper applications
- Pigments, organic and inorganic
- Gel formation for batteries or battery paste
- Disperse and hydrate Carbopol™, and other viscosity-modifying ingredients