BSM CX High Intensity Rotor Stator Machine
The BSM CX is a high intensity rotor stator machine that offers high to extreme shear rates and tip speeds. The result is a mechanical shear that provides optimal dispersions and emulsions for your process.
Featuring up to 9 shear zones, the BSM CX will produce dispersion of soft particles to under 1 micron, or hard particles down to 1-2 microns, with higher production rates compared to competitive designs. Each rotor stator shear head has a double ring design, so there are three high intensity work zones at each shear head. Tremendous mechanical and hydraulic energy is created to apply maximum shear forces for your toughest processing needs.
The BSM CX can be used on a wide range of applications. It can also be used in lieu of post process filtration, saving on materials and expense.
The BSM 25, 37, and 60 series provides a wide range in capacity, power consumption and tip speed to allow best results for your process! Click here to see the model variations.
- Highly modular product series
- Most models are designed for up to three shear heads to be installed
- Each shear head has up to three shear zones, for a total of up to nine shear zones in a single pass
- Wide range of rotor/stator combinations from coarse to ultra-fine
- Special purpose rotors and stators available to provide low shear or extra chopping where required
- Low maintenance design for continuous 24/7 duty
- CIP – easy-to-clean with no crevices, deadlegs, or open threads
- Solid particle/aggregate particle reduction dependent on durometer of particle
Try Before You Buy
Want to see the Boston Shearmill in action or take it for a test drive? Our comprehensive mixing equipment services can improve your process and bottom line today.
- Get a customized quote
- Schedule free formula testing in our lab
- Request free passes to trade shows we’re attending
- Learn about our trial program incentives or request an onsite demo
- Get guaranteed scale-up with a process assurance warranty to ensure your product is to made to spec and goes to market faster