Robert Edward Hines, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
As an employee owned company, we all take an active role in our daily business dealings. We are also active in many community programs both as individuals and corporate sponsorships. Every year, we encourage local high school seniors, who are enrolling in their first year of college, to submit an application to receive the Admix Scholarship. See eligibility requirements and application details below.
About the Scholarship
Robert “Bob” Hines was a native New Englander, growing up in Massachusetts and living his adult years in New Hampshire. Bob loved life and was an avid athlete. He ran and completed the Boston Marathon, loved skiing in Vermont, hiking and camping in the White Mountains and enjoying the beaches of Florida, Hawaii, and New England.
Bob earned his BA in Business from Northeastern University and promptly put his degree to good use in the manufacturing industry. Bob joined Admix in 2012 as our Chief Operations Officer and later was named President of the company.
Bob believed very strongly that the path to success looked different for everyone. While college was his path, he felt that learning a trade, or working your way up was just as important and meaningful as higher education. He initiated a relationship with trade schools and community colleges to provide career opportunities and brought those contacts and beliefs to Admix.
Bob also held the belief that we all have a responsibility to make our communities a better place. He would eagerly join volunteer efforts aimed at keeping our community clean with roadside waste cleanup, and he volunteered his time at the Food Bank and Special Olympics, as well. He was the first one in line when anyone needed help and he would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help. He was a dedicated family man, a patient teacher, a giving mentor, and a kind soul with a fun and funny side!
It is with these memories and in honor of the man that Bob was, that we proudly offer this scholarship to our local community.
The Robert Edward Hines, Jr. Memorial Scholarship is a $5,000 award paid to the school and applied to the student’s account. It will be distributed in two (2) equal installments, the first upon enrollment and the second upon successful completion of the student’s first semester.
The scholarship is open to any Manchester NH, Londonderry NH, or Derry NH School District senior who will be continuing their education at a 2-year Community College, a 4-year College or University, or a Vocational or Trade School. Eligible recipients must be pursuing a career in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Food Sciences
- Manufacturing / Manufacturing Operations
- Applicants must complete and submit an Applicant Information Sheet
- Applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation (at least 1 from a teacher)
- Applicants must submit a typed, Short Essay (500 words or less) answering the following questions:
- Which course of study have you chosen and why?
- How have you embodied the spirit of Bob and contributed to and given back to your community and peers?
- What is your vision for your career?
All forms and attachments must be submitted by May 1st. Use the form below, or send materials to:
Attn: Ownership Crew
144 Harvey Rd.
Londonderry, NH 03053
Fill out the form below to apply. Please note:
- Please submit all information and supporting documents no later than May 1st. All applications will be reviewed by the Admix Ownership Crew.
- Admix reserves the right to split the award in the event of two equally qualified applicants. If that happens, each applicant will receive $2,500 in two installments of $1,250 each.
- The payment will be sent directly to the school.
- Please compress (zip) all documents into a single .zip file and attach at the bottom of this form (click here for more info about how to make a zip file).