Boston Shearpump Inline High Volume Mixer for Particle Size Reduction
How it Works | Specifications | Options
The Boston Shearpump (BSP) provides high throughputs at moderate to high shear rates, surpassing the capabilities of conventional shear pumps and colloid mills. The BSP is ideal for inline mixing of solids or powders into viscous liquids and offers consistent and repeatable shear capability. The BSP is for specific mixing requirements where “texturizing” of viscous products is required, and it meets the toughest hygienic standards including 3-A TPV compliance.
Designed to run 24/7, the Boston Shearpump will mix, disperse, emulsify, pulverize, macerate, crush, homogenize, and reduce solid particles at high volumes, and can withstand uneven flow patterns, jolts, and pressure fluctuations.
Wet milling with rotor-stator equipment can provide many advantages. In the food, dairy, beverage and other industries, particle size reduction is important and the BSP can mill soft particles down to <10 micron, or hard particles down to 10-20 microns in just a single pass at high production rates. It can also be used to precondition product going through a high-pressure homogenizer, improving total product quality while increasing homogenizer capacity and reducing homogenizer maintenance costs.
Admix has hundreds of inline mixer installations in place for tomato paste standardization, salad dressing and mayonnaise processing, pet food production, flavor emulsions, pharmaceutical preps and API blending, polymer blends, and more.
Get a customized mixing solution, learn about our trial program, or have your ingredient tested for free in our pilot lab.
Want to see if the Boston Shearpump is right for your formula and process? The Admix Lab and Pilot Plant is a state-of-the-art testing facility that utilizes a variety of mixers including the Boston Shearpump to test your samples and demonstrate scale-up.
- The shear head can have a single or 2-stage rotor turning within a close clearance stator, providing up to three shear zones for chopping, milling and emulsification
- Low maintenance design for continuous 24/7 duty
- Meets 3-A standard #36-01
- Over 10 variations of rotor/stator combinations from coarse to ultrafine
- Special purpose rotors and stators available to provide low shear or extra chopping where required
- CIP: easy-to-clean with no crevices, deadlegs, or open threads
- Solid particle/aggregate particle reduction dependent on durometer of particle
- Two distinct series provide a wide range in capacity, power consumption and tip speed to allow best results for your process!