Accounts Payable Specialist Job Opening
Location: Londonderry, NH USA
How to Apply: Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to email@example.com.
Work Schedule: Full time position. For six months of the year (spring/summer), the department operates on a 9/80 work schedule (a two-workweek schedule of eight 9-hour days, one 8-hour day, and one day off) and the remainder of the year the regular work schedule is 8:00AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday.
Salary: Commensurate with experience – let’s talk!
Benefits: YES! Details below:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO for vacation & sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Plus many perks!
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurately processing A/P invoices, maintaining vendor files, weekly check runs, employee expense reconciliation and similar work-related tasks as assigned.
The Accounts Payable Specialist must possess initiative, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable the efficient resolution of both internal and external concerns. Identifying and implementing process improvements within the A/P workflow is helpful as our company continues to grow. This requires organization and communication across the company as well as with our vendors.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling vendor invoices
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Review Receivers and other supporting documentation for accuracy
- Gain approval for Vendor invoices, as needed
- Prepare weekly check run and submit to management for signature
- Maintain Vendor contact information and AP files
- Handle AP inquiries and requests
- Audit expense reports in Concur ensuring expense reimbursement follows our travel and expense policy
- Extract import files from expense reimbursement platform (Concur) ensuring all entries are correct and coded to the correct GL
- Verbal and written communications with all levels within Admix and externally with vendors regarding questions and issues on vendor invoices and payments
- Research and resolve discrepancies and disputes
- Prepare check run for bi-monthly commissions
- Suggest improvements to processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the accounts payable process
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Interact and effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must have strong critical thinking, analytical skills and ability to multitask
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and excellent time management skills, be a team player and a self-starter
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Sage 100 experience a plus
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
Admix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Admix does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.