Mechanical Designer Job Opening
Location: This position is located in Londonderry, NH USA.
How to Apply: Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to email@example.com
This position will require the preparation of Bill of Materials (B.O.M.) and details for release to Production, Engineering documentation, drafting, sales technical support and items standardization.
Roles and Responsibilities
B.O.M. & Drawings for Production (primary duty):
- This entails engineering/designing add-on components and/or modifications to existing design and producing a complete list of parts needed to complete a customer order, along with any necessary fabrication and assembly drawings.
- B.O.M.’s must be complete, accurate, detailed and clear enough so that our Production department can complete the order with out any additional information or prior knowledge of the components included in the order.
- B.O.M.’s will be produced by and with the aid of Sage100 software. Responsibilities will also include updating B.O.M.’s, and/or adding new B.O.M.’s as required to aid in producing future Work Orders.
- Applicable drawing details of manufactured parts and any required assembly drawings from our drawing database shall be used when ever possible. When necessary, new drawings will need to be produced, and must follow any established Admix engineering design and detailing guidelines. Autodesk Inventor software will be the primary tools for producing and editing parts, assemblies, and both manufacturing & customer level drawings. Some knowledge of AutoCAD will be required in order for the occasional interface with vendors and customers who provide or require drawings in this format.
- Product installation, operation and maintenance illustrations for special designs, as well as updating existing product manuals illustrations.
- Customer reference drawings for new products, as well as updating existing customer drawings.
- Assist with documentation product performance and limitations so that all personnel have easy access.
Product Manuals & Prepare for Release to Production:
- Work with IOM personnel to contribute to development of customer installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Provide Bill of Materials (BOM) with complete list of parts needed to complete an order (including standard options).
- Provide all necessary drawing details that may be required to complete an order.
Sales Technical Support:
- Provide drawings to the sales department for appropriate customer viewing.
- Cost analysis to aid sales with accurate quoting. This can involve preliminary drawings for costing, vendor and component researching.
Standardization & Improvements:
- Provide pre-engineered, detailed and or tabulated data on existing and planned Admix products and product options.
- Work on engineering projects that may entail expansion to existing product line, and/or enhancements to existing products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in ANSI Geometric Tolerancing and applied dimensioning
- Autodesk Inventor or another 3D solid modeling/CAD software
- Anvil1000MD 2D Cad (existing experience not required)
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)