Assembler Job Opening
Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to email@example.com
This position is responsible for all aspects of assembly and preparation for shipment of all product lines. In addition this position is responsible for following all safety rules and maintaining shop cleanliness.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Assemble and disassemble low & high-speed sanitary mixing equipment.
- Use precision measuring equipment to inspect all components for proper fit.
- Install bearings, lip seals, o-rings.
- Work with mechanical seals.
- Read blue prints.
- Straighten shafts to tolerance.
- Test all equipment prior to shipping.
- Wire electric motors.
- Test for temperature and vibration.
- Fill out QC test report.
- Check all equipment for proper components per the work ticket.
- Rebuild units coming in on RGA’s.
- Maintain overall shop area in clean and safe condition.
- Wear protective equipment when required.
- Complete fork truck safety class.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities
- Spray paint on all equipment that requires paint.
- Operate pneumatic spray gun.
- Operate power filter-ventilation booth.
- Build crates for shipping equipment.
- Operate radial arm, circular and panel style saws.
- Operate pneumatic nailers and staplers.
- Operate pneumatic nail guns.
- Properly package and prepare goods for shipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with tight tolerance manufacturing.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Computer knowledge.
- Operation of overhead hoists.
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform various functions as directed by the Production Manager.
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma.
- College courses preferred.
- Experience with large mechanical assemblies preferred.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Self motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Training and Development
- 5S standards.
- Lean manufacturing practices.