Service Advisor Job Opening
Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for communication between manufacturing, production and the customer as it pertains to RMA’s. Under limited supervision, the Service Advisor (SA) provides estimated cost analysis of mixer repairs and routine maintenance. Through effective communication with customers, the SA determines the services necessary, coordinates with the manufacturing team to determine time needed for completion and stays in constant communication with the customer during the repair process. The SA determines services needed by accessing information obtained by a high degree of technical expertise and consulting with the manufacturing team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop extensive product knowledge to be able to provide honest guidance to our customers.
- Perform disassembly, inspection and failure analysis of returned equipment.
- Consult with manufacturing regarding necessary repairs .
- Provide customers with accurate information about available part options to improve the performance and life of their mixing equipment.
- Advise customers about warranty protections and potential cost savings.
- Answer questions about service outcome.
- Coordinate with the Production Supervisor to maximize the service centers workflow and scheduling.
- Prepare service quotes and sell routine maintenance/repair services.
- Conduct follow-up regarding unsold services.
- Follow up on customer inquiries generated as a result of service contact.
- Enter and maintain records and information in the CRM and ERP systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Software
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Solid Computer skills to access the CRM and ERP systems.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Ability to work as part of team as well as independently.
- Safety Conscience.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma.
- College courses preferred.
- Experience with large mechanical assemblies preferred.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Customer Service.
- Self motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Safely team lift and maneuver items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Stand, walk or sit for long periods of time without resting.
- Work in areas that require kneeling, crouching, bending or crawling.