Aftermarket Manager Job Opening
This position is in Londonderry, NH. Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to email@example.com
Aftermarket Manager - Parts & Customer Service
The After Market Manager is responsible for the parts, field service and customer service (aftermarket) areas of the business. (S)he will help in developing policies and procedures for the aftermarket team as well as planning, coordinating and controlling activities of the team to maintain and enhance customer relationships and meet operational objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to grow the aftermarket business.
- Communicate politely with customers whether through email, phone or face to face
- Supervise, train and mentor aftermarket team.
- Direct and manage the daily operations of the aftermarket team.
- Manage Parts and Service sector of the business ($5m revenue) and grow the business incrementally through consistent follow up and generating additional sales incrementally through consistent follow up and generating additional sales.
- Develop customer service standards, policies and procedures for the organization and department.
- Visit customers for one to one service and develop feedback procedures for the benefit of the customer.
- Provide advice and help to customers
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
- Develop a working knowledge of our products and stay current on any changes made
- Analyze data/statistics to identify current customer service levels and opportunities to grow the business and enhance the customer experience.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability Develop, track and report on customer service metrics.
- Update CRM Dashard daily.
- Establish travel guidelines in accordance with company travel policy and manage travel and subsequent comp time for the team.
- Liaise with Sr. Management to support and implement growth strategies
- Work with Regional Sales Managers, Market Managers, inside sales team and our representative network in resolving customer issues.
- Develop and monitor customer service and warranty budget.
- Effectively give and receive feedback.
- Develop a winning attitude on the aftermarket team.
- Develop a proactive rather than reactive aftermarket team.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all customer service activities.
- Collaborate and communicate knowledge (market information, customer insights, trends, etc) across the business.
- Identify opportunities to add value to relevant business areas.
- Empower employees to work collaboratively internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Politeness, confidence, tact, diplomacy and patience while dealing with problems
- Motivational, listening and problem solving skills
- CRM experience – preferably Sage
- Solid knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Sales skills
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Decision making
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Ability to measure, interpret and report on key metrics
- Delegation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to multitask
- Time Management skills
- Computer skills
- Basic understanding of project management
- Team building
- Continuous Improvement
Credentials and Experience
- Customer Service experience (3 years minimum)
- Bachelor's degree
- Travel will be required to customer sites with the sales team as needed