Quality Control Job Opening
Interested in this position? We encourage you to apply! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Control - Inspector
Position requires inspection of manufactured mixing components per specifications noted on manufacturing drawings. This includes detailed documentation of inspections, record keeping and rejection reports. Extensive use of Coordinate Measuring Machines required, as well as other precision measuring equipment. The QC Inspector must work with and provide feedback for Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, and outside vendors that may improve or help insure better quality, and/or costs savings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform daily receiving inspections of manufactured components.
- Perform In process and First piece inspections of in house manufactured components.
- Follow established Admix and Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures to perform QC inspections.
- Record and maintain detailed and accurate inspection reports.
- Set up and perform inspections using manual CMM.
- Set up and run part programs on DCC CMM using PC-DMIS.
- Daily use of Sage100 ERP software.
- Utilize the Quality Control and Corrective Action databases.
- Final inspection of mixers before shipping.
- Setup and operation of the Laser marker.
- Some occasional travel will be required to inspect tank/mixer assemblies at other manufacturing facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Software
- Knowledge to interpret mechanical drawings using current ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing standard.
- Strong math skills to include algebra, geometry & trigonometry.
- Experience with creating part alignments on CMM using PC-DMIS CAD ++ 2018.
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Knowledge of use and best practices of hand-held precision measuring equipment.
- Experienced with Microsoft Windows, MS Office products.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with little supervision.
- Must be strong in multitasking and capable of prioritizing workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work as part of a team.
Credentials and Experience
- 3-5 years of Quality Control experience is preferred.
- Associate degree.